Saturday 23 January 2010

four eyes!

The optician made me wear glasses when I was about ten years old. At the time, I liked SCIENCE! and AEROPLANES! and COMICS! and DINOSAURS! and SPACE! So I was perfectly happy to wear them. Like Joe 90. I would waggle them up and down for laughs, like Eric Morcambe.

But I wasn't very organised, and I usually forgot about them, and since my eyes got better on their own, glasses just never happened. I knew I'd never be an airline pilot or an astronaut, but even then, I didn't think there was much chance of such a career, long sight in left eye, or not.

But over the last couple of years, I've just started to struggle a bit. Not all the time, but when the light is a bit poor, and when I'm tired, I've found it hard to focus on the writing in front of me.

So today, I went out and bought my first pair of reading glasses. I'm wearing them now. Look! See! This is me, in glasses!



The red eyes are because I have a cold. Honest.

Aha! A comment came in that mirrored something I'd been thinking.

Pete
said...

"Bono"

23 January 2010 12:28




So which one is which? One is an internationally acclaimed musician and humanitarian, and the other is Bono.