Thursday 25 November 2010

Bigger than the USA, but smaller than India

What am I talking about?

Well first of all, I'm talking about population rather than geographical area. The thing I'm talking about would fit comfortably in a large building. Sort of.

I stumbled upon this thing.

http://www.sharenator.com/empires

What it does is it takes websites, has a look at the amount of daily hits they get, and ranks them against the populations of countries. It also breaks down those hits into what countries the hits come from.


So it does have some relevence to this blog's raison d'etre I reckon.

What's bigger than the USA but smaller than India?

Google.com of course!

I suppose if you add google.co.uk, google.fr, google.nl, google.co.in, and the rest it's probably bigger than the whole damn world put together.

Not found anything bigger. Facebook, Youtube, Wikipedia. They each get entire nations visiting them each day, but not as many as google.

No comments: