Friday 10 December 2010

"Next Blog" rhyme

Right. Here's how this works.

I shall press "Next blog" and the first line of the first post in that blog will be the first line of my poem.

Then I will press "Next blog" again, and the first line of the first post of that blog will become the second line of my poem, unless it rhymes with the first line, in which case I shall press "next blog" until I get one that doesn't.

Then I will press "Next Blog" until I find a blog who's first line, first post rhymes with the first line.

Finally, I will press "Next Blog" until I find a rhyme for the second line.

This will give me a 4 line rhyming stanza.

Repeat until can't be arsed any more.

I never knew her
Three are dead. He is Number Four
My mom and dad live in Utah County and we spent Thanksgiving with them this year
This whole visa business has been wonderful for waking me up and getting me to think about God more
Hmmm. What do you think? Pretty crap in my opinion, but the whole point about such chance arrangements is that it could be anything. The next one just may be a thing of sublime loveliness. Here goes...

Well, I've finally decided to do it
This is the story that I told at church today
giliran zoey pulak yg sakit
I have limits ok
Better. the lines being more equal in length helps it to scan, and the story I told in church today, written in a language I don't understand, is a thing of mystery. But  really, long before the infinite number of monkeys could write the complete works of Shakespeare, we'd all drown in monkeyshit.

1 comment:

Jim Bliss said...

I actually like the second one. There's a whole "speaking in tongues" element to it that makes it make sense (in a weird way).

Not saying it's up there with William Blake or anything, but nor is it the worst verse I've ever read*.


* That honour would probably reserved for some of the love poems I wrote when I was 15.