Monday 27 June 2011

master of my own domain.

I'm now the proud owner of two shiny new domain names.

paulsharpdriving.com and paulsharpdriving.co.uk

I've also started a blog using wordpress, and a blog using blogger.

They're not intended to be blogs. Just free webspace. Somewhere to point the advertising to. The intention is that I use the stuff I've picked up over the last few years, as this blog has developed to make a website that's easy to navigate, and pleasing to the eye. They will link to and from the how to fail blog I've been doing, and to each other. I could make one the .com one and the other the .co.uk one. Maybe.

I get the sense that wordpress is more powerful and versatile than blogger, but I find blogger much easier to use.

Anyway, if I cross link them all, It will help in the search placings, or so I understand. Also, using metatags -invisible words embedded in the code that show up when google sends it's spiders out looking - is supposed to help with this. It used to anyway.

I can insert html either into blog posts, or into the structure of the entire blog, and I can use my web design software to generate that code, using the wysiwyg side of things to make up for my shortcomings on the coding side of things.




This bit was done using dreamweaver.

I don't know how to go past a certain point. Beyond these simple design things, coding baffles me.

I get by well enough though.

No comments: