Monday 22 August 2011

Second string

It seems to me that developing a better understanding of psychotherapeutic techniques could be a useful thing to do. Specifically, Neuro-Linguistic Programming and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.

So many people struggle to learn to drive or to get through the driving test because of nerves. In a sense I'm using some forms of NLP intuitively, I think. I will have a better idea about this fairly soon, as I've ordered a book about it called Trance Formations, which was written by the founders of the theory.

Imagine the work I could get if I could sell myself as an instructor/hypnotherapist!

Incidentally, I got a phone call a few weeks back from a woman calling herself a life coach. She will give me money for any nervous pupil that I successfully refer to her. Reading the stuff she sent me, she's - guess what...- a NLP based hypnotherapist. I have a couple of pupils that might well benefit from her services. Perhaps a year or so from now, I could be doing the whole shebang myself.

Beyond that, I don't think it's a bad idea to get a different skill to teaching people how to drive.I could bale out of teaching and into hypnotherapy if I had the qualifications.

More immediately, throwing myself into learning a new skill would be handy right now.


No comments: