Wednesday 28 March 2012

String Surfer - Salt Surfer

Just a little thing.

I fashioned a piece of wire into a vaguely human-like shape and wrapped it in string. I got a jar and filled it with boiling water, then added salt until it became a saturated solution. I had to tie the string man to a nail because he floated, then I put him in the jar.



Over the next few weeks, the water in the jar will evaporate and the salt, having nowhere else to go, should crystallise around the string figure. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

driving lessons in Wallasey?

2 comments:

John said...

What happened to the salt surfer? lack of followup suggests a non event

Paul said...

I left him on a window ledge and forgot about him. then I put the demijohn in the same room a couple of days ago and I checked up on things then.

Will post about it shortly.