Sunday 1 April 2012

Bittersweet Symphony

These, I suppose, are the best of times. It can't possibly last.

I've not been in tip top shape over the last few days. A bit under the weather. Some kind of virus infection. One symptom of this was that no matter how deeply I tried to breathe, I just couldn't get enough air into my lungs to feel comfortable. This was uncomfortable, and occasionally pretty scary. I suppose this kind of thing will happen more and more as the years go by. So anyway, I've been falling into some black patterns of thought, and at the same time, I've been counting my blessings.

I've been spending time with my Dad. This is a good thing for sure. I can't imagine how bad I would have felt if we'd somehow never got the chance to get past our differences.

I have a truly wonderful life partner, who's intelligent, practical, loving, and pretty damn sexy.

I have money. There have been times in my life where I've had no food in the cupboard and no electricity supply. All self inflicted, but the point is, I appreciate what I have. We're poor according to the standards of the UK, but we get by. We make do, and our lives are the richer for the challenge.

I have a job that's rewarding, and where I get to do things the way I want. I am not Alienated.

So why dwell on the future? Just me being me I suppose.



driving lessons in Wallasey?

No comments: