Thursday 2 August 2012

The harder I try, the worse I become.

Golf today, but not at my usual municipal course. I got a daily deal voucher thing for a small course called Moss Valley, near Wrexham.

It's only 9 holes, but has two tee-ing points on each hole, so you go round twice, the second time from a slightly different perspective.

It's a hilly, challenging course, and there's no way my Dad could have done it on foot, but the deal included the hire of a golf buggy.

I've now been going out playing golf once or twice a month for perhaps a year or so now, but today I felt like I'd lost every improvement I'd acquired. I gave up keeping score after about 14 holes. I lost count of the number of golf balls I lost in the undergrowth too.

My Dad, it turns out, collects scorecards. Usually but not only from courses that he's actually played.

Moss Valley did not come highly recommended. One mf my Dad's friends has played it and didn't like it. The one google review was pretty scathing, so we were expecting it to be a frustrating round. In fact the course was picturesque, the staff were friendly, the other golfers we encountered were courteous. The lunch they provided as part of the deal was tasty too.

We'll be going again in a week or two to use up the other voucher, since my Dad's mate decided not to go.

driving lessons in Wallasey? learn to drive in Wirral? driving instructor in Birkenhead?

No comments: