Saturday 1 March 2014

The thing's hollow. it goes on forever... and... oh my God!... it's full of stars!

In a couple of weeks, Bren and I will be heading up to a youth hostel in Northumberland. Somewhere deep within the Kielder Forest, it's a designated Dark Skies Area.

Bren has always found the sight of a clear night sky awe inspiring, and I feel pretty much the same way myself.

Meanwhile I've bought a telescope from ebay. It's not a toy. It's a motorised, Newtonian reflector telescope. I think it can be hooked up to a DSLR.

A couple of years ago, I went to an astronomy thing in a local nature reserve, and looking at the Moon through a decent telescope was a wonderful experience. I'm hoping for clear skies up in Kielder.

driving lessons in North Wirral? learn to drive in Hoylake? driving instructor in Birkenhead?

No comments: