Tuesday 14 November 2017

Forks and spoons

I had a car load of stuff to take to the charity shop. It took me several trips from the car to the shop.

I handed over the roller blades.

Sorry. We can't take them. Health and Safety.

OK. I took them back to the car and grabbed some more bags. One of them contained a set of cutlery. These were recieved with thanks, and I went back for some more.

They had taken all the cutlery knives out of the set and gave them back to me.

We're not allowed to sell them, explained the shop manageress.

Not talking about machetes or flick knives here. Just the ordinary things you'd use to eat your dinner.

It's health and safety gone mad, I tell you!

Anyway, if anyone is interested, the Shelter shop in Wallasey has a perfectly good set of forks and spoons for sale if anyone wants them. If you do happen to buy them, get in touch, and I will give you the knives for free. Just don't tell anyone. I'd hate to get in any trouble.

driving lessons in North Wirral? learn to drive in Hoylake? driving instructor in Birkenhead?

No comments: